Sunday, 8 November 2015

New Bundle!

My little guys have been working hard the past few weeks on their long vowel sounds, but there is a lot of variation in their abilities!

My higher flying friends are working on our silent e syllables and somewhat surprisingly, can accurately use the term 'split digraph' when talking about this. I don't know why it surprises me. They do it every year, and every year I'm stunned. Don't underestimate what they can do! Someone once told me that if they can identify and pronounce Tyrannosaurus Rex, they can do it with anything.

My middle guys are trying.. but they are still getting baffled between the ai and ay spelling choices and frequently use them in the wrong places.. so we are backstepping a little bit and refocussing on the spelling choices without the silent e factor.

And then my hardworking strugglers are still battling with hearing and identifying sounds, so there is no way they are up to this!

So what to do?

I have made a few sets of picture sorts and write the room activities to go along with these guys current ability levels. You can check them out here!




We really are working quickly and it feels like we are all over the place... Christmas coming, all the arts and craft that go along with that, assessment, addition and subtraction, and some pretty intense phonics for Prep!

I do love this part of the year though. We have such high expectations that they actually exceed the curriculum. When it comes time for report cards, we actually find our guys do REALLY well, which is nice after a week or so of panicking!

If you don't aim higher, they wont work higher :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great when students cause our creative juices to flow? It's so nice to be able to create resources that we know will help them get over that hump and have an "aha!" moment! :) Thank you for linking up at my Teaching Tuesday link up party. I hope to see you back again next week!
    ~Heather aka HoJo~

    ReplyDelete

Home About Me Classroom Freebies Shop Twitter Facebook TpT Pinterest Instagram Image Map