Sunday, 22 November 2015

Gifts That Bless Our World


http://fnd.us/c/c14jrd/sh/c5JvMa

Hello again friends :)

Report cards are finished, hooray!

I got stuck doing the last minute Christmas gift dash with my kids this year. I normally do all the kids presents in July when we have our massive toy sales... and our tax returns come in.

This year the plan just didn't work out. Nothing in the toy sales was actually suitable for my boys and their interests, and there a was a lot of cheap, plastic looking stuff that gave the impression it would last about a week.

So here I am, desperately trying to avoid crowded shopping centres and find great gifts my kids will love. Has anyone else noticed that for a season where we are all supposed to be more kind, joyful, loving, etc., there seems to be a lot of rude grumpy people around!? Watch a documentary about people in refugee camps in third world countries. They have NOTHING, but they are still smiling, singing, enjoying the life that they have. They inspire me.

I was talking about this and other Christmassy type things with a friend, who then shared a great gift idea. Instead of giving gifts, she donates to a charity on someone's behalf, and then gives them a card explaining the donation. I know, I know. It's not new. I haven't met anyone who had personally done it before though. It's a great idea  and got me thinking!

I was thinking... what if I could get some people who do the donation-gift thing to choose the charity I support as the recipient of their thoughtfulness?

For anyone who DOESN'T already know, the money I make from my TPT store doesn't actually come to me. Not a cent. It all goes to a fantastic charity, that I am shamelessly going to plug in a couple of sentences time. I don't normally do this, but today I am. 

Smiles For Africa is dedicated to building a boarding schools for orphans in the DRC. These are kids without a hope. Without a future.  Without us, they aren't likely to survive into adulthood.

But with us, there is hope, a future, and life. 
How?

There are heaps of ways to help Smiles for Africa! There is no minimum requirement on any of the platforms, so even if it's only $2, it counts!

Firstly, the simply very no-fuss paypal donation over here


You can also donate on the Fundrazr campaign.
I am personally matching all raised funds $1 for $1! 


Powered by FundRazr



Love to help but just can't afford it right now? You can set up your own fundrazr campaign to share with your family and friends by clicking here. It's a simply offshoot of my campaign- you just click a few buttons, share with your friends and off you go!

Can't be bothered to do the 5 or so clicks it takes to set up and share?  How about just sharing this blogpost with your normal network? The more people who see this, the more likely we are to reach our goal!

Also, the Smiles for Africa website is looking a bit dull. Anyone who might be kind enough to help out by donating a nicer theme (uploadable through weebly), or some bannery-type things can email me!

ANYONE can help  make the world a bit nicer for the people who truly have nothing left to lose.

Just to get this info out of the way-  Yes, I AM the charities president. It is a volunteer position. I get absolutely nothing from the charity for being president, for the products I sell, or even for this post. Just the warm fuzzy feeling in my heart knowing that I am helping to make the world a better place.
After all, isn't that what we all want? 

We can't all be superheroes, but we can all be a small part of making a difference.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a neat idea! I think it's AMAZING that you donate your TpT earnings. Wow!! Thank you for taking the time to link up with the Teaching Tuesday blog post. I'm off to share this so your post gets more exposure. :)
    ~Heather aka HoJo~

    ReplyDelete

Home About Me Classroom Freebies Shop Twitter Facebook TpT Pinterest Instagram Image Map